Changes to categories in 2020
The Loeries categories are constantly reviewed and updated to mirror the changes in our media landscape. Please be sure to review all the categories to determine where to enter your work.
1. The Loeries does not allow essentially the same creative to be re-entered into multiple categories. The reason is that the Loeries will award an idea only once. Therefore, the same creative execution cannot be awarded in Magazine and Poster and Newspaper. Even if you did run the same execution across all these media, you must choose only one category to enter it into. You can however re-enter the same in campaigns, specialist categories, and multiple craft categories. Please read the Entry Guide for more information.
2. Changes to the Design category: Single Publication has now been removed from the Publication Design Category, leaving only Whole Publication.
3. Changes in the OOH Category: Direct Mail now allows physical entries.
|Important to remember
- All work made for the Region or made by the Region is eligible, and all Craft work for eligible work can be entered, irrespective of whether or not the craft person is from the region. Check the full rules for details.
- Overview videos for all entries must be limited to 2 minutes. If it is felt necessary, the full-length work may accompany the 2-minute overview. Check the Entry Guide for more information on the requirements for each category.
- When submitting multiple elements of a campaign into various categories, it is vital that the entry is described appropriately for each category. If the judges cannot readily discern which elements are to be considered for the relevant category, it will count against your entry. When supplying an Overview Video, it is highly recommended that the presentation is tailored/adapted to highlight the elements most relevant to the chosen category.
- All Non-English entries must come with English translations and/or subtitles.
Things You Need to know:
- Eligibility: Entries must be commercially published, launched or aired to a substantial audience for the first time between 1 June 2019 and 31 May 2020.
- The eligible region includes the following countries from Africa & the Middle East:
- Africa: All countries on the continent of Africa
- Middle-East: All Middle Eastern states - Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, UAE, Yemen
- Island states off the African coast (e.g. Mauritius and the Seychelles)
- All student work, created and submitted to a registered educational institution from the eligible region, may be entered. Where possible, student work should be submitted by the School/ College/ University, rather than directly by the individual student.
- Loeries Creative Week: To be announced.
Connect with us to keep up date with what's new in 2020 by subscribing to our newsletter and following Loeries on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.