An opportunity to Delight! The Service Design category recognises brands that show innovation in the way in which they engage with their customers.
What is Service Design?
- Service Design focuses on the engagement between a brand and its customers, and the interactions that shape the customer experience.
- Leading brands engage with customers in a way that adds value – creating positive interactions that connect with customers at an emotional level.
- Service Design considers a customer’s service experience, and how the enabling of key touch points can impact, enhance or improve the customer’s ongoing brand experience.
- The creation of customer engagements that are useful, usable, effective, efficient, desirable and differentiated; thereby creating value for both customer and the brand on an ongoing basis.
- Innovation may take the form of re-imagining the customer experience; appropriate use of new technologies; engaging customer programmes and loyalty schemes; or the creation of entirely new services or products.
- Service Design is based on an informed understanding of the customer and their ongoing relationship with the brand – their needs, behaviours and attitudes – considering the key touch points and leveraging insights and opportunities to provide an excellent service experience.
Eligibility: What can be entered?
- The programme must be developed and implemented in our region.
- This is not for advertising campaigns, and once-off activations.
- Entries must show innovation and the ability to successfully defend, differentiate or disrupt a service experience.
- Some examples of service design solutions are:
- In-store and retail customer experience, including front-line positions and service centres
- Online and mobile customer experience related to products and services
- Loyalty schemes and Customer Relationship Management programmes
- Telephone engagement and the call centre customer experience
- Omni channel, or mixed media customer experiences including any combination of the above channels, or other channels
- Service Design entries must be active during the period of 1 June 2017 to 31 May 2018. The implementation may have started prior to this date, but the programme must be running during at least a portion of this eligibility period.
- Entries can be re-submitted each year as long as the programme remains active. Previous winners may be considered every year for an award as long as the programme remains at the same high standard.
Who can enter?
Entries can be submitted directly by any company (Brand) or its representative agency.
*NB THIS CATEGORY IS NOT FOR ADVERTISING CAMPAIGNS
See “Category Types” in this document for an explanation of the Category Type.
|ID||CATEGORY||CATEGORY TYPE||REQUIREMENTS||SUBMISSION FORMAT|
|XD1A||Service Design||Type A & Individual Element or Multi-element or Multimedia||Please complete the separate questionnaire for this category.||