Young Creatives Award
Loeries® Young Creatives Deadline: Thurs 15 June
Recognising young talent!
The Young Creatives Award honours the exceptional work of the most talented young minds in our industry. In 2016, the award went to Katie Mylrea, Art Director at Ogilvy & Mather Cape Town and Amori Brits, Head of Design at Shift Joe Public.
The well-deserving recipients walked away with a Gold Loerie and R60,000, as well as a trip to New York City thanks to South African Airways.
Katie Mylrea joined Ogilvy & Mather in 2011 after graduating from Cape Town’s Vega Brand Communications School and has worked on a number of campaigns, winning numerous awards including Cannes, D&AD, One Show, Eagle and Loeries® as well as being awarded the prestigious Lürzer’s Archive Print Ad of the Year in 2014.
Amori Brits worked as an art director at Geometry Global before joining Shift Joe Public in 2012 becoming head of design this year. She has been honoured with a number of Loeries® prior to winning the Young Creatives award.
“Nurturing new talent lies at the heart of the Loeries® and is something I am passionate about. Developing and supporting these young creatives ensures an exciting, inspired future for an industry that’s reliant on fresh, creative ideas and the Young Creatives Award is key in achieving this,” says Loeries® CEO Andrew Human.
HOW TO ENTER
Entry is FREE and Young Creatives, 27 years or under can submit a portfolio of their professional work from the last three years.
All entries must be submitted as follows:
- NO MORE THAN FIVE EXAMPLES OF YOUR PROFESSIONAL WORK FROM THE LAST THREE YEARS.
- Work must be presented in one electronic pdf document (no physical work, boards, etc. will be accepted). Any electronic media (e.g. Radio, TV) must be submitted on a disc using the formats specified in our standard entry preparation instructions.
- All the work in your portfolio must have been approved by the appropriate Brand Representative, and must have been commercially exposed (e.g. flighted, built, distributed, etc.) to a substantial audience. Student work and concepts may not be entered.
- Please indicate what your contribution to the work was, e.g. copywriting. Especially when submitting big campaigns.
- A written reference supporting your entry provided by your Creative Director or equivalent supervisor.
- A full resume, including your contact details, employment history, and a summary of your last three years working experience, including awards won, showing us why you should be considered for the Young Creatives Award.
- You must turn 27 during 2017, or be younger, to be eligible. Supply proof of your age (copy of a South African identity document, any Passport, or birth certificate).
- Contact details of three professional references, i.e. people who have worked with you.
- Please adhere strictly to the above entry guidelines. The Loeries has the right to disqualify any entries deemed to be ineligible.
Click here for our delivery address and contact details in case you have any queries.
The small print:
By submitting an entry for the Young Creatives Award, an entrant states that his/her entry meets all the above eligibility criteria, and agrees to the standard Terms and Conditions of the Loeries.
Only permanent residents of Africa & the Middle East are eligible for entry. The cash prize is non-transferable and will be paid in South African Rand. If the winner is not resident in South Africa, payment will be made into an international bank account. All South African and foreign exchange control requirements will be adhered to.
OUR PAST YOUNG CREATIVE AWARD WINNERS
Amori Brits, Head of Design, Shift Joe Public
Katie Mylrea, Art Director, Ogilvy & Mather Cape Town
Melusi Mhlungu, Copywriter, Ogilvy Johannesburg
Safaraaz Sindhi, Copywriter, Network BBDO
Matthew Pullen, Art Director, Ogilvy & Mather Cape Town
Freda Raubenheimer, Art Director, Joe Public
Natalie Rose, Copywriter, TBWA\Hunt\Lascaris
Kate Desmarais, Copywriter, Ogivly Cape Town
Jaco Burger, Partner & Designer, Ateljee
Jared Osmond, Copywriter, Net#work BBDO
Sophia Strydom, Designer, Joe Public
Kenneth van Reenen, Copywriter, MetropolitanRepublic
Mbuso Ndlovu, Art Director, MetropolitanRepublic
Reijer van der Vlugt, Art Director, FoxP2
Joanne van der Linde, Art Director, Net#Work BBDO
Sanjiv Mistry, Copywriter, Ogilvy
Simone Rossum, Graphic Designer, Joe Public
Darren Cronje, Art Director, Net#Work BBDO
Reggie Makhetha, Art Director, Net#Work BBDO
Este du Plessis, Copywriter, Net#Work BBDO